Saturday, August 30, 2008
To evacuate, or not to evacuate
Living in this part of the country means being ready to leave at a moments notice during hurricane season. It was also part of my life growing up. I have been through several tropical storms and category 1 and 2 hurricanes. Not that they are anything to laugh at, but they are not too bad to 'ride' out. In fact, we usually made the most of the extra family time it gave us. The worst part is the few days (or sometimes weeks) you have to live in the heat and humidity without air conditioning, which is something I am much less happy about doing in my pregnant state. And the fact that my girls get freaked out at just a regular thunderstorm makes me feel like we need to leave. If Hurricane Gustav stays on the path that they are predicting right now, I really don't think it will be too bad to stay here and ride out the storm. But with hurricanes being so unpredictable, you just never know if Gustav might change his mind at the last minute and decide to change his course. So, tomorrow we are heading to Houston to hang out and visit with Aaron's cousin, Tiffany and her sweet little family, who have graciously offered us a place of refuge from the wrath of Gustav. So pray for us, and that Gustav doesn't change his mind and follow us to Houston!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am leaving today too. Stacy is staying and following me later today or tomorrow morning. Talk about cutting it close. I do hope he gets out of the way.
We're praying for you guys!!! Please keep us posted!!!
Good Luck! We left yesterday and have parked ourselves in Houston also. I don't think it will get too bad here. I just really hope we don't have to deal with three weeks of no electricity back home!
It's always better safe than sorry! Good Luck!!
Post a Comment