To say the least, I have been less than impressed with the prenatal clinic I have been going to. Monday I called to talk to a nurse about a problem I am having with my throat, and was told to go to the emergency room if it did not improve. I was caught off guard with her response, since I was expecting her to set up an appointment for me to come in to be seen. I called back a few minutes later and there was no answer. Since I did not feel like it was an emergency, I called back a few days later and asked if I could see the doctor. The lady on the phone said, "No. The doctor is only here on Fridays for a couple of hours and only sees the high risk patients." WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Come to find out, I didn't ask the right questions when looking for a doctor. I didn't realize I should have asked how often I would see the doctor. I just assumed that I would see a doctor more than ON THE DAY THAT I DELIVER! I have only been to this clinic twice and on my second visit I did wonder why I didn't see (at least in the hall) the doctor. There were several women in the office ahead of me who were great with child and I do remember thinking, 'Why aren't they seeing the doctor?' and 'If they aren't seeing the doctor, who is?' But in my attempt to be positive, I thought maybe he was busy delivering a baby and surely I would see him next time. NOPE. YOU ONLY GET TO SEE THE DOCTOR ON THE DAY THAT YOU DELIVER. However, she did graciously offer to set up a meeting before my delivery so I could ask any questions I needed to. No. Thank. You. So I hung up the phone very frustrated and suddenly feeling a huge rush of emotion--aka--a serious breakdown. My sweet husband quickly gave me a blessing and assured me that we would find another doctor who would take good care of me. And that did bring me comfort and I knew things would somehow work out. I called the doctor's office that delivered Sarah, who I really liked, and they said they were not taking new patients. I explained that I had not been since they delivered my last child (I know that is really bad), but that I had been a patient there before. She said she didn't think they could take me, but that she would ask and call me back. A few minutes later she called back with the news I was expecting, but didn't want to hear--they couldn't take me. Aaron told me that he would be at the hospital tomorrow and that if he saw the doctor, he would talk to her. I told him to bribe her with whatever kind of yard work he could do for her--mowing, landscaping, trimming, irrigation--whatever--just to beg, plead, and grovel if he had to. He agreed that he would. I called him the next morning and asked if he had see the doctor. He said he hadn't. I hung up very sad and decided I should probably start calling around to see if I could find another doctor. A few minutes later, Kent called and said that he had walked over to this doctor's office and talked to her and her nurse. She told him she would probably get in trouble for taking me, but they got my number and said they would call me. So several minutes and a few phone calls later, I have an appointment with my wonderful doctor that delivered Sarah, and my mind is now at ease. All thanks to my wonderful father-in-law! I officially nominate him for Father-in-Law of the Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment