Tonight as I was cooking supper, Katie walked through the kitchen and stopped and asked,
Katie: "What's that smell?"
Me: "What smell?"
Katie: "That horrible smell."
Me: "What does it smell like?"
Katie: "The smell of disaster!"
She obviously was SO NOT impressed with even just the smell of my quesadillas. I knew she wasn't a huge fan of my cooking, but really.......the smell of disaster?! However, she was so serious, it was too funny not to laugh.
5 comments:
Oh my!!! I laughed out loud! Talk about boosting your ego.
LOL, she is too funny!! I get that a lot from the boys. They hate everything I make. LOL!! I love kids' honesty.
Exactly what does disaster smell like? One can only imagine. I don't understand Katie's dislike of your cooking. I love everything you've cooked I've ever eaten! She'll mature someday and realize what a fantastic cook her mom really is.
Haha! I almost fell off my chair! Kids are just brutally honest, huh!?! But, next time she complaines, just remind her that at least she doesn't have to eat MY cooking!
My kids are often not impressed with my cooking either. Funny how they'll gobble down a squash and zucchini stir-fry, but give them a taco or a hamburger and they're disgusted. I can't figure them out. :) I love Katie's description though. It just makes me laugh. :)
Post a Comment