Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's Not Fair

When I used to say that when I was a kid, my mom would always say, "Well life's not fair, so get used to it." I thought at the time it was my mom who wasn't fair, but have since learned that life is indeed not fair. But that doesn't mean I have to like it! Here are a few things that I think are not fair.

1. Being sick while you are pregnant. Isn't the constant need to 'go', the weight gain, and for Pete's sake.....CHILDBIRTH enough?! And not to mention all of the blood, sweat and tears you endure after the sweet bundle arrives! I think every pregnant woman should just naturally feel and look fabulous everyday just as a reward for having to go through childbirth......and beyond.

2. Sick children. Babies and any child under 5 should not be sick. It just isn't right. They can't even tell you what's wrong or what hurts and they just don't understand. My little Sarah is sick right now and as much as I hate to be sick myself, I had much rather be sick than for either of my girls to be sick. I think you shouldn't be able to get sick until you reach the age of 5 (or maybe even the age of accountability) because at least by that age they are mature enough to deal with it a little better and they can tell you what hurts.

3. Crazy tiebreaker rules at the Olympics. It is SO unfair when you have the best routine on the uneven bars and you tie with a girl who didn't even do as good a routine as you did and then the dumb rule makes you second place. Poor Nastia.

4. Presidential candidates who don't 100 percent, whole-heartedly, and without question salute and absolutely adore the American Flag and all that it stands for. I don't think they should even be allowed the honor of running.

5. Chocolate being fattening. I mean, come on. It's been proven that women need chocolate, so why does it have to be fattening? It is made from all natural ingredients and other things that we need to sustain life aren't fattening, like water. When I get to create my own world, chocolate will not be fattening and Santa Clause will be real. And the Easter Bunny too.

That's all for today.

10 comments:

Laura said...

I agree with it all! But I have to especially say Amen to 3 and 4. I'm a little disgusted with the "unfairness of life" at the moment--wouldn't have anything to do with my PMS either!

Kristen said...

Chocolate is FATTENING?! Why has no one told me that before?

Just kidding. I couldn't agree more. I also think that whatever weight you gain while you're pregnant should magically evaporate at delivery. And your skin and every other body part that changes should just go back where it belongs. :)

Stacy James said...

Oh, girl, I am SO in agreement with the chocolate thing......actually all of it! But the chocolate really caught my attention. Also, I think there should be a magic pill you take at night with a glass of water that will melt all your fat stores while you sleep!! And all the exercising we do would just be for fun! Why has that not been TRULY created yet?!

Stacy James said...

And another thing, I think water should taste like Coke or that Coke was the life sustaining fluid your body needs and you didn't have to feel guilty about the caffeine, sugar and other additives you're consuming when you drink it!!! Yeah.

Andrea said...

I am with ya on all of that! I hated being sick and I too think that with all we have to do with being prego, we should look fabulous afterwards! That simply is not fair at all.
And I was sooo mad about the way they did the gymnastic scores too! There were a few times that the best didn't win because of that silly scoring!
And can I live with you in your new world? I love chocolate!!

Carolina girl said...

Kristen and Stacy,
I am definately adding those things to my list of things to make happen in my world. =)

Lindsay and Mike said...

#1--I agree; #2--I agree; #3--I agree; #4--I agree; #5--I agree!!! Let's bring all of this up in our big Sunday School Class in the sky someday! :)

Amanda said...

AMEN! especially #2

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

These are great and I agree with all of them..since I am past the pregnant stage...that wasn't my highlight. However, I felt extremely bad for Natisa as well. And I wish there was a pill to take to shed the fat and make sure that the cellulite turns to toned muscle. That would be the highlight.

Jennifer said...

sick babies IS so cruel..im with you on the rest too, but especially that one.