I just had to record this story about Katie at Camp Singletary before I forget it. Every morning she would wake up earlier than Sarah and I and go find some cousins to play with. One morning I happened to wake up when she was getting out of bed. She told me she was going to get dressed and go play. I told her that was fine, but she needed to brush her teeth after she got dressed. I guess she thinks being on vacation means you should be on vacation from brushing your teeth too because she didn't want to do it. But she did. And when she came back from the bathhouse to put her toothbrush away, I asked her to go and get Sarah's sippy cup for me from the mess hall. I could tell she wasn't happy about doing that either, but she did it and went off to play. A little while later Sarah and I got up and went to the mess hall to get breakfast. I saw my brother Neal and he told me he saw Katie earlier and noticed that she wasn't happy about something. So he asked her, "Why do you have the sad face Katie?" She said, "Because my mama makes me do all the work! It's like she doesn't have legs or something!" I couldn't help but laugh. I wonder how she would feel if I did make her do all of the work.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Poor Cinderella
I just had to record this story about Katie at Camp Singletary before I forget it. Every morning she would wake up earlier than Sarah and I and go find some cousins to play with. One morning I happened to wake up when she was getting out of bed. She told me she was going to get dressed and go play. I told her that was fine, but she needed to brush her teeth after she got dressed. I guess she thinks being on vacation means you should be on vacation from brushing your teeth too because she didn't want to do it. But she did. And when she came back from the bathhouse to put her toothbrush away, I asked her to go and get Sarah's sippy cup for me from the mess hall. I could tell she wasn't happy about doing that either, but she did it and went off to play. A little while later Sarah and I got up and went to the mess hall to get breakfast. I saw my brother Neal and he told me he saw Katie earlier and noticed that she wasn't happy about something. So he asked her, "Why do you have the sad face Katie?" She said, "Because my mama makes me do all the work! It's like she doesn't have legs or something!" I couldn't help but laugh. I wonder how she would feel if I did make her do all of the work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment