She ate in the cafeteria for the first time today and apparently when she tried to open her ketchup, it exploded onto her brand new white shirt. (I mean really, why couldn't it have happened when she wore her red shirt?) Anyway, when she walked in the door and I saw her shirt I asked what happened. She said, "You are not going to believe this Mom!" And then she proceeded to tell me all about the ketchup incident. She also told me about this little boy that she kept referring to as the "mean guy" and about how she and he apparently had an altercation during art. She said she asked him twice if he wanted to be her friend, and both times he said no, and then he proceeded to hit her with his scissors. So she hit him back with her scissors. At this point in the story I said, "Sarah, you should not have hit him." And then I was going to tell her that she should have told the teacher, but before I could she said, "I know. I should have punched his lights out!" Yikes! So after telling her that would not have been a good choice either, she then told us the rest of the story. After she hit him, he then kicked her and then she went to tell the teacher. Now all of this is from her perspective, so it's kinda confusing about how it all happened, and it may not all be entirely true, but she said that he eventually got sent to the principle's office for not listening to the teacher. She kept saying, "I hate that mean guy." And I told her that we do not say that we hate people. So she then said, "Well, I really don't like him very much!" I told her she should keep trying to be nice to him because maybe he was just having a bad day. So then I asked her if she had taken a nap, she said, "No, and do you know why?" When I said no, she said, "Because of the snoring guy who was so loud that no one could sleep!" It was pretty funny, especially hearing her tell it in the dramatic way that she does. But despite the fact that "it was not a very good day" for her, she is looking forward to going back tomorrow. Thank goodness.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
The White Shirt Curse and Other Kindergarten Drama
I have "the white shirt curse", which means that any time that I wear a white shirt, I will--no matter how hard I try not to--get a stain of some kind on it. Unfortunately I have passed this curse on to Katie, and I was hoping it would skip Sarah. But when she came home from school today, I realized that it didn't skip her either.

She ate in the cafeteria for the first time today and apparently when she tried to open her ketchup, it exploded onto her brand new white shirt. (I mean really, why couldn't it have happened when she wore her red shirt?) Anyway, when she walked in the door and I saw her shirt I asked what happened. She said, "You are not going to believe this Mom!" And then she proceeded to tell me all about the ketchup incident. She also told me about this little boy that she kept referring to as the "mean guy" and about how she and he apparently had an altercation during art. She said she asked him twice if he wanted to be her friend, and both times he said no, and then he proceeded to hit her with his scissors. So she hit him back with her scissors. At this point in the story I said, "Sarah, you should not have hit him." And then I was going to tell her that she should have told the teacher, but before I could she said, "I know. I should have punched his lights out!" Yikes! So after telling her that would not have been a good choice either, she then told us the rest of the story. After she hit him, he then kicked her and then she went to tell the teacher. Now all of this is from her perspective, so it's kinda confusing about how it all happened, and it may not all be entirely true, but she said that he eventually got sent to the principle's office for not listening to the teacher. She kept saying, "I hate that mean guy." And I told her that we do not say that we hate people. So she then said, "Well, I really don't like him very much!" I told her she should keep trying to be nice to him because maybe he was just having a bad day. So then I asked her if she had taken a nap, she said, "No, and do you know why?" When I said no, she said, "Because of the snoring guy who was so loud that no one could sleep!" It was pretty funny, especially hearing her tell it in the dramatic way that she does. But despite the fact that "it was not a very good day" for her, she is looking forward to going back tomorrow. Thank goodness.
She ate in the cafeteria for the first time today and apparently when she tried to open her ketchup, it exploded onto her brand new white shirt. (I mean really, why couldn't it have happened when she wore her red shirt?) Anyway, when she walked in the door and I saw her shirt I asked what happened. She said, "You are not going to believe this Mom!" And then she proceeded to tell me all about the ketchup incident. She also told me about this little boy that she kept referring to as the "mean guy" and about how she and he apparently had an altercation during art. She said she asked him twice if he wanted to be her friend, and both times he said no, and then he proceeded to hit her with his scissors. So she hit him back with her scissors. At this point in the story I said, "Sarah, you should not have hit him." And then I was going to tell her that she should have told the teacher, but before I could she said, "I know. I should have punched his lights out!" Yikes! So after telling her that would not have been a good choice either, she then told us the rest of the story. After she hit him, he then kicked her and then she went to tell the teacher. Now all of this is from her perspective, so it's kinda confusing about how it all happened, and it may not all be entirely true, but she said that he eventually got sent to the principle's office for not listening to the teacher. She kept saying, "I hate that mean guy." And I told her that we do not say that we hate people. So she then said, "Well, I really don't like him very much!" I told her she should keep trying to be nice to him because maybe he was just having a bad day. So then I asked her if she had taken a nap, she said, "No, and do you know why?" When I said no, she said, "Because of the snoring guy who was so loud that no one could sleep!" It was pretty funny, especially hearing her tell it in the dramatic way that she does. But despite the fact that "it was not a very good day" for her, she is looking forward to going back tomorrow. Thank goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Now, I'm sure Sarah was just defending herself! She is so adorable. I will make sure if we have a family activity in which we need some physical dominance that I'll have her on my team, just in case I need a secret weapon! And by the way, that's why I stopped buying white, but I'm glad to see you handled it perfectly patient as usual! I love you, aunt amy
You could always tell what Daniel had for lunch by what was all over his shirt.
she is so funny. love the names for everyone, especially snoring guy
Post a Comment