Tonight was my second cake decorating lesson. For this and the next two lessons, we have to bring an iced cake to class to decorate. First we practiced the Wilton rose. I wanted to make sure my icing wasn't too soft tonight after the blobs I made on Saturday, but this time it was too stiff. So, again, I have got to practice with getting the right consistency. Then we practiced other designs with different tips. We have these practice boards, with a plastic cover. You slip a sheet with different designs under the plastic so you can see what to do. When you're done, you just wipe the icing off and practice again. Well, I accidentally left my practice board home, so I practiced on a paper towel. The instructor commented on how well I was doing, especially since I didn't have a board to see exactly what to do. Yay me! Then we decorated our cakes, and what is the first thing we made? A rainbow. Kinda funny, since that's what I first learned to make all those years ago. We used a smaller star tip (#16) than I used to use though. And I used to make my rainbow on a sheet cake instead of a 2 layer round cake.

We did a piping gel pattern transfer for the rainbow. I think it turned out pretty cute. I am seriously loving this class, but I grossly underestimated the prep time, since we have to have the cake and icing all ready for class, and barely made it to class on time.

I don't know what we're going to do with this cake though. We still have leftovers from Saturday's cake, and the girls are gone to Aunt Amy's house. Cake anyone?
3 comments:
It's beautiful, Lynetta. Cake decorating is NOT my thing. I stink at it. But maybe if I took a class I'd get better at it. :) Good luck!
YUM! I want some! Looks like you're doing great! It's fun isn't it?
Wow! you are so talented. great job. your kids are going to think they have the coolest mom.
Post a Comment