1. Happy Memorial Day, late. For some odd reason, the schools here are always open for Memorial Day. It's the craziest thing. They started school on a Friday back in August, and then had the kids go on Memorial Day and Tuesday and half a day on Wednesday. Why didn't they just have school start on Monday back in August and be done by Memorial Day? Maybe I should be on the school board. HA! Maybe I just need to get to know someone on the school board.
2. Katie, however, continued her tradition (that she started in Kindergarten) of skipping school on Memorial Day. We planned to go to Lafayette to do some fun things over there, but as the day went on, our list kept shrinking and so did the time, until we just ended up going to Chuck E Cheese in Lake Charles. Nothing says Happy Memorial Day like a big ugly rat and overpriced pizza and prizes. Ugg.
3. I had my first (and hopefully last) root canal last week. I have been having trouble with that tooth since last October. I went in January and had it filled and the dentist said then that it really needed a root canal, but we could try the filling to see if it would work. So of course I went with the filling, only to have it flare up again just three months later, in April. So, I just dealt with the pain, trying to pretend like it would go away, until I couldn't pretend anymore. I woke up two weeks ago to find the left side of my jaw swollen, and it just kept getting bigger and bigger, until it looked like Aaron had smacked me with a bat. It was pretty horrible. So I finally gave up and went to the dentist. After being on antibiotics for a week to get the swelling to go down, I was able to have a root canal. There goes our trip to Disney World. Can you believe we can go to Disney World for the same price as a root canal? Is that insane or what? We were seriously talking about going, but not anymore. Oh well, maybe next year when my root canal is paid for. Okay, back to the subject. So, I am feeling lots better, but this whole situation has got me thinking about why I don't take better care of myself to prevent things like this. It is seriously time for some changes. BIG changes.
4. I finally found my cell phone charger. It was on top of the refrigerator, right where it was supposed to be. But I promise it wasn't there the ten or more times that I looked before. Or maybe I'm losing it. Probably losing it.
5. Sarah is trying to bring back the 80s. I gave her an old compact with some eyeshadow and she is in love with the blue eyeshadow. She seriously wants to put some on everyday--as thick as it can possibly be. The thicker the better. I don't mind her wearing it around the house, but she always want to put it on when we are going out to run errands or something. And the funniest part is that she likes for Aaron to put it on because he really piles it on, while I just try to do it as light as possible.
She's also really into side pony tails these days. Katie fixed her hair the other day and put a side pony tail in her hair and she loved it! Now, she wants one everyday.
She reminds me of that girl in "Napoleon Dynamite". Heaven help us if she decides to put the blue eyeshadow and the side pony tail together.
6. School is finally out! Wahoo! I love summer and hanging out with my kiddos. We have already had our first sleepover, first trip to the water park, first trip to the library for the summer reading program, first morning to sleep in (Ahhh! So nice!), and several nights of staying up way too late already. John David did really well at the water park. He didn't fuss at all, but he didn't seem too crazy about the water. I think it was too bright for him, but he sure was stinkin' cute. He did enjoy just being outside, and even took a good nap while we were there. So, we will be at the water park this summer, just probably not quite as much as last summer, and the girls are very understanding of that. Thank goodness. Such sweet sisters.
Happy summer!
3 comments:
Love the makeup. And I love the fact that Aaron puts it on. Sara's face is changing so much. She's getting so big. Maybe she'll catch up with John David soon. He is sooo cute. We miss you guys.
That is strange that y'all have school on Memorial Day. When we lived in Pennsylvania and Bruce taught summer school we were shocked to learn they hold school on the 4th of July!! How UNAMERICAN is that?! In PA even! Cute pics - we miss the water park...
It was at Bucknell Univ. - private, maybe that's how they got away with it but still...
Post a Comment