Although it is late in the crawfish season, we just barely had our first crawfish boil tonight. With our weekends pretty busy these days, we just haven't been able to have a free weekend to do one, so we decided to do one tonight. And there are perks to waiting until Monday, as we just discovered that they discount the crawfish that weren't sold over the weekend. Wahoo! The trick is being able to find them on Monday. I think we got lucky.
It was John David's first ever crawfish boil. Unfortunately for him, he didn't get to eat any. Maybe next year. He did, however, enjoy hanging out on the swing with Maw Maw.
We invited the missionaries over since Aaron said he owed them for bailing him out on Sunday when there were no speakers.
Both of the girls LOVE crawfish and could eat their weight in them, which is still a mystery to me since they are both picky eaters. Katie was hiding from the camera because she is way too cool for picture taking. I love that little kool-aid mustache.
Check out this nice ensemble that Sarah has going on here. I love this look with the boots, but the pearls are what really sets this outfit apart from others. Pretty unique.
Then the girls were having some fun with the sidewalk chalk.........
............and the missionaries joined in. Casualties from eating too much crawfish, maybe? It sure was delicious!
6 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! :) Sarah could belong to me. That looks like the fashion sense my kids have.
Mike misses crawfish boils more than anything else from LA!
What fun! We had ours this weekend too. It was a good time to have it!!
Yummy! I love crawfish boils too! :)
Isn't that funny! One of my girls is still trying to wear her comfy snow boots around. I'm going to have to hide them. Then just yesterday when Brilee came home from Kindergarten I was mortified when I saw what she had on - a red polka dot shirt with hot pink and green plaid shorts, with some interesting socks! I happened to sleep in that day and Bruce got the kids off to school. I guess I can't sleep in ANY day!
Precious! I also looked back and saw the yummy strawberries! WOnDERFUL
Post a Comment