Friday, May 1, 2009
Round Four
I took John David to the doctor this morning to have his ear checked out to make sure the infection had cleared up since he finished his antibiotics yesterday. I was positive his ear was better because he hasn't been fussy or shown any other signs of an infection. But, I was wrong. Not only was the right ear not cleared up, but the left is now infected as well. The doctor put him on another round of antibiotics and we have yet another follow up in 10 days. He said that they don't put tubes in baby's ears until they are six months old, so we'll just keep watching him and if things keep going the same, he'll send us to an ENT when John David is five months old and that way they can be all set to put the tubes in when he is six months old. The doctor couldn't get over how John David hasn't been fussy or running a fever or anything to indicate that his ears are infected. Now that I think about it, he has not been sleeping well during the day (he's still doing great at night--only waking up once and sometimes even sleeping until 5am). Every time I lay him down, if his little eyes don't open up immediately upon contact with the bassinet, then it's only a few minutes before he wakes right up. I just thought he was spoiled and was even complaining to Aaron about it last night. Now I feel bad for complaining. Poor little man. I should count my blessings that he isn't screaming all the time. And if all he wants to do while he isn't feeling well is be held by his mama, then I will indulge him. My productivity level is about to take an even more severe nose dive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think you have a great attitude about it. I think some of it comes with age and experience. I think things like that stressed me out more with some of the others, where, with Paige, I can go with the flow a lot better. And I'm taking time to try and treasure the moments, because now I really know how fast they fly by. Anyway, hope he gets better soon. Give him a hug and kiss for us!
Poor little guy! But, if he does have to eventually have tubes put in, it is supposed to be a very quick & easy procedure. Good luck! Having a baby that doesn't feel good is the worst! :(
I'm so sorry to hear you and John David are going through this. When Colleen was a baby, she began her first ear infection at 6 months and kept it from Nov. until Feb. when we finally got her first set of tubes. Honestly, it was the best thing that could ever happen to her. The tubes finally worked and she could come off of antibiotics. Have you done the Rocephren shots yet? Was not a big fan of the shots, but since I finally caved in and did the shots, they are amazing and they WORK, when the amoxicillian, omnicef, augmentin, etc. do not work. Good luck!! If you need to vent, I've been there! :) I feel like I could write a book about ear troubles.....
Oh and Colleen does the same thing w/ear infections...NO FEVER or signs! Her body just became so used to the infection it started thinking it was normal....
Your poor little man. I do hope he gets better soon. It can be so frustrating sometimes. I hope he gets better soon.
Clayton has tubes put in and it was really a quick procedure. Nothing big and Clayton was so happy to never have another ear infection.
Post a Comment