Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Whistling in the Dark" (aka Randomness)

1. I found my old "They Might Be Giants" tape and listened to it the other day. It's pretty funny how insanely happy it made me to hear that completely random and utterly hilarious music again. It reminded me of days long ago at BYU with my awesome roommates. Good times!

2. My little Sarah cracks me up. I can't remember what she did the other day that caused me to warn her not to do it again or she was going to have to go sit in the corner, but her response was, "I don't think we have any corners in our house." I told her that we certainly do and that I could quickly find one for her if she didn't listen. Then later I asked her to take John David's bottle to the kitchen and she said, "But I don't know where the kitchen is." I told her I could find a corner for her to sit in until she remembered. Funny thing.....her memory suddenly came back.

3. My cell phone is dead and I've lost my cell phone charger. I have no idea where it could be. After I charge my cell phone on the kitchen counter, I usually put the charger right back on top of the refrigerator and there it stays until I need it again. But, it is no where to be found. I am completely baffled.

4. If you haven't yet tried KFC's new Kentucky Grilled Chicken, then you must go get some right now! I got a coupon for a free 2 piece dinner from Oprah's website the other day and went and got some and it was dee-licious!

5. We are now the proud owners (HA!) of the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack, and it's not too bad actually. Every afternoon the girls turn it on and start dancing around the living room. They love to dance to the "Hoedown Throwdown", which if you haven't seen, I'm sure you could find it on youtube. I love it when they turn off the TV and turn on music and dance around the living room. They like for us to get up and dance with them, which I'm sure if our neighbors saw, they would have a really good laugh. Fun times.

6. We went to 'Contraband Days' for the first time this year. Well, it was the first time for me and the girls. Aaron of course has been before and has never wanted to take us. I finally talked him into going tonight because it was "Family Night". I have to confess that I was pretty disappointed. It was just like the Cal-Cam fair, but even more ridiculously over priced. We stayed for about an hour and we were done. Our first and last 'Contraband Days' experience.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

1. Cory sings those songs every now and then and the kids crack up. So funny!

2. You've got to watch out for that girl. :)

3. I'm horrible with cell phones, chargers, home phones, anything that resembles phone. I lose, misplace or break them.

4. We got the free chicken, too and it was really yummy. :)

5. We still haven't seen the movie, but Elise got an itunes gift certificate for her birthday and downloaded a couple of sounds, one of which is hoedown throwdown. They are pretty cute. We love to dance too. Elise loves having "dance parties" and makes tickets for us to come. It's pretty funny. I think its good exercise. :)

We love and miss you guys. :)

Lisa said...

I have that tape too! We listen to it during our long summer drives. Very funny!

Lindsay and Mike said...

We went to Contraband Days once. Total waste of time & money. Oh well...

Andrea said...

I love how Sarah is forgetful!! LOL!! No corners!! Hee hee!! I really want to see the HM movie, but just can't convince my husband to take me. I will have to wait until it comes out on video!!