Monday, March 2, 2009

"Hamily Fome Evening"

More commonly known as Family Home Evening, but at our house when Sarah conducts, it is "Hamily Fome Evening". I think it is the cutest thing, and will probably cry the day she stops saying it. Anyway, tonight for FHE, we planned Katie's baptism, which is only a month away. Another "where has the time gone" moment for me, but very exciting at the same time. She has seriously looked forward to and talked about her baptism since she was four. So needless to say, she is pretty excited. We let her choose everything and every person that she wanted to participate. For the last year, each month we have had a lesson on baptism to help prepare her. And this month, we're going to be reviewing the lessons from the last year, with a few fun surprises too. But just in case I lose my notes, I am going to list the lessons, so I can refer to it in another two years for Sarah.

Lesson #1--Jesus Set the Example
Lesson #2--4th Article of Faith
Lesson #3--Faith
Lesson #4--Repentance
Lesson #5--The Meaning and Purpose of Baptism
Lesson #6--The Holy Ghost
Lesson #7--Renewing Baptismal Covenants (Partaking of the Sacrament)
Lesson #8--How Can I Show That I Am Keeping My Baptismal Covenants (Being a Good Example)
Lesson #9--How Can We Help Each Other Keep Our Baptismal Covenants (Service)
Lesson #10--How Can 'My Gospel Standards' Help Me Keep My Baptismal Covenants
Lesson #11--Baptism is Key--scripture review and crossword puzzle
Lesson #12--Baptism Game



Katie was in charge of our activity tonight and wanted to have a 'Fun Dip' race. So she, Sarah, and Aaron raced to see who could scarf the most sugar in the shortest amount of time. It was pretty funny.

No comments: