We left Friday around noon and made it to Houston in time to shop a little at a mall near the hotel where TOFW was. We then went to grab some dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, which was absolutely delish. We didn't have time to eat cheesecake though, so we all got some to go so we could have a treat after TOFW. It started with Sheri Dew as the first (and my favorite) speaker. I just love her. I have read several of her books and am always so uplifted and inspired by her. She is amazing. Jenny Jordon Frogley, Kenneth Cope, and Abe Mills all performed musical numbers. They were all great, but we really enjoyed Jenny. Her music was inspiring and fun. Wendy Watson Nelson then spoke, which I missed most of because John David was a little fussy. After one of the musical numbers, this lady, who was walking by our table, looked at us and said, "So, are you guys the next number?" We just looked at her and said, "No." And then Johnice then started staring at her, and finally asked, "Are you Mary Ellen Edmunds?" The lady just looks at her and says nothing. So Johnice again asks, "Are you Mary Ellen Edmunds?" She's getting very excited and then the lady replies, "I don't know. Am I?" Johnice then says, "I think you are! You're Mary Ellen Edmunds!" She then jumps up and gives her a big hug and we're all just sitting there laughing at how cute and completely 'star struck' Johnice was. It was seriously so funny and one of the highlights of the weekend.
She sat with us for the entire break and just visited. She was a hoot! So funny and so friendly. I remember hearing her speak several times while I was in the MTC. She is amazing!
Saturday was filled with more great speakers and more music from Kenneth Cope. However, although I do love his music, he was putting us to sleep during the afternoon hours, which was probably due to the little sleep that we were running on and not entirely his fault. Anyway, it was a fantastic weekend and I came home feeling so uplifted and energized spiritually. So a huge thanks to Kent for a wonderful weekend! I'm nominating him for Father-in-Law of the year!
1 comment:
My husband worked that event! He is a banquet captain at that Marriott. I wish I had known ya'll were there!
Post a Comment