Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Countdown to Christmas



I know I am a couple of days late, but I fell in love with this cute idea for a Christmas countdown on Tip Junkie and I made it today. I put fun things inside each 'little drawer' for us to do each day to help us countdown to Christmas and get in the spirit of the season. I included things like write a letter to Santa, make Christmas cookies and take some to a friend, read the Christmas story together, go Christmas light looking, go ice skating, make a Christmas ornament, send Christmas cards to the missionaries from our ward, etc. I am loving my new little advent calendar and look forward to a new fun thing to do with my family each day! I love Christmas!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

What a way cute box!! You are so creative!! It's a great idea!! I still have to get my Christmas boxes out of the attic!

Laura said...

Wow, that's awesome!!!

Hey, I still have that swing for you if you want it, and I still am interested in your girl clothes if you really want to get rid of them, just figure out how much you want for them!!

Kristen said...

What a cute idea! Fortunately I already have a box type thingie, b/c I'm not sure I could make that. :) But I am stealing some of your ideas to put in our boxes. Miss you guys...

Be A Saint said...

OH, my...that looks even cuter. I think I will add some of those things to some of our days! How really, really cute.

Lindsay and Mike said...

That is so super cute! How did you make it?

Carolina girl said...

Lindsay, it was so easy. You just hot glue the small strike on box matchboxes together and cover it with cute scrapbook paper. Click on the Tip Junkie link and look for her post about advent calendars and click on it and you'll find the detailed instructions. It was so fun and super easy. Sarah even helped me with it.

Stacy James said...

You are one of the most crafty people I know. I am always so amazed at how you see something somewhere and "BAM!", you've made it! Good for you...very admirable.