Tonight was our ward Christmas party. It was a 'Cajun Christmas', with lots of different delicious gumbo. After dinner, the primary did the first Christmas story. It was so cute. Katie was the star of the show--literally. We made this big, glittery star for her to hold up. She was kinda upset when she came home from church last week because she really wanted to be Mary. But she got pretty excited about being the star when Aaron explained to her how important the star was to the story because it told where to find the baby Jesus.
And the little sheep on the end is Sarah. She didn't have a part originally and was okay with that, until she found out her friend Ethan was a sheep. So Aaron called and asked if they needed anymore sheep. She was pretty excited to be a little sheep, and practiced her part all week with Daddy. "Baa. Baa."
She and Katie helped me make her costume today. You couldn't get the full effect of her costume while she was on stage because we had planned for her to be on her hands and knees, like this. Such a happy little sheep! The night ended with a visit from Santa.
6 comments:
LOVE that sheep costume!! Sarah is so cute! :)
I told Ethan that he did such a good job being a sheep. When I asked why none of the sheep were singing, he said they were not supposed to. I told him that I thought all the children were to sing at the end and he said they told him to sit very still and to be very quiet! What good, little obedient sheep we have in our ward.
What a fun Christmas dinner. I miss being in a big ward. Sigh......
Katie was a great star. And I loved the sheep costume. Very creative!! :)
Very cute!!! :)
Such a cute idea!
Love the sheep costume. It has to be the cutest I've ever seen. of course it helps that sara's in it.
Post a Comment