Monday, December 14, 2009

Discovering Christmas



We thought we had it made when we first put up the tree and John David hardly even noticed it. And when he did notice and try to touch it, he would quickly pull his hand back because it must have felt prickly to him. But he is slowly getting more comfortable with it. He now pulls ornaments off of it, and the other day he even crawled under it to get to the window. Luckily he didn't disturb it too much. Then I wrapped some gifts and put one under the tree to see what he would do. He didn't touch it. So I thought it would be okay to put more under the tree. It wasn't until I put these twelve wrapped books under the tree for our "Twelve Nights of Christmas Stories" countdown that he finally noticed the presents and had to check them out. It just never gets old watching him discover new things. Such a cute and sweet little guy!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ally did this same thing. I was enjoying a quiet moment and when I came into the living room i realized why she was so quiet. little stinker.