Maybe it's because I feel like I somehow missed out on Halloween and Thanksgiving. Maybe it's because we don't have all of our Christmas lights up this year. Maybe it's because we haven't done hardly any of the usual Christmas things that we normally do. Or maybe it's because of the emptiness that I feel inside that makes it seem like it shouldn't be Christmas. Whatever the reason, it just hasn't seemed like Christmas to me............until tonight. Katie and I went to Vidor tonight with Kent and Johnice for the Stake Christmas Devotional. It was all music, and I wasn't sure if it was even a good idea for me to go since lots of music these days is just hard for me to make it through. But I went and I am so glad that I did. I was truly touched by all of the songs, but especially the song "Breath of Heaven".
I have traveled many moonless nights,
Cold and weary with a babe inside,
And I wonder what I've done.
Holy father you have come,
And chosen me now to carry your son.
I am waiting in a silent prayer.
I am frightened by the load I bear.
In a world as cold as stone,
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now.
Be with me now.
Breath of heaven,
Hold me together,
Be forever near me,
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven,
Lighten my darkness,
Pour over me your holiness,
For you are holy.
Breath of heaven.
Do you wonder as you watch my face,
If a wiser one should have had my place,
But I offer all I am
For the mercy of your plan.
Help me be strong.
Help me be.
Help me.
Breath of heaven,
Hold me together,
Be forever near me,
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven,
Lighten my darkness,
Pour over me your holiness,
For you are holy.
Breath of heaven,
Hold me together,
Be forever near me,
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven,
Lighten my darkness,
Pour over me your holiness,
For you are holy.
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven
The lyrics are just beautiful, and this song was quickly added to my list of favorite Christmas songs. I am grateful for the breath of heaven that is "holding me together" and "lighting my darkness" during this hard time. My most favorite Christmas song of all time--"O Holy Night"--was sung by my amazing sister-in-law, Amy, and her husband, Shane. They did a wonderful job. It was absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that I went and that the Spirit of Christmas touched me and has finally found it's way in my heart this Christmas season. I am so grateful for my Savior, and His healing power, and for this season that we have to celebrate His birth.
3 comments:
Amy Grant sings this song beautifully and if you put it with the Luke II (5 min. video produced by the church about the Savior's birth) video it seems to fit so amazingly perfectly. We turn down the sound of the video and put Amy Grant's version of "Breath of Heaven" to show every Christmas Eve. So glad you enjoyed the concert and are doing okay since your Father's passing.
Oh btw, have you heard of the new movie "One Good Man"? Your hubby's in it...sorta...
That is too funny! We have heard of it, but we haven't seen it yet.
That is my one of my favorite songs! It used to make me cry every time I listened to it!
Post a Comment