Friday, December 25, 2009

Dear Santa, Wii've Been Good This Year!

We woke up Christmas morning to find this............



Santa left us a letter telling us that he left us some family gifts that we could all enjoy together. So the girls opened up the three family gifts first.



We got a Wii! And some super fun games too! Super Mario Brothers is soooo much fun, and reminds Aaron and I of our younger days when Nintendo 64 was the coolest gaming system. Aaron got a Cabelas hunting game, which is just perfect for him. And just for the record, I beat him in the duck hunting game and still hold the high score! And I got "The Biggest Loser" game, which we didn't get a picture of, but it's way cool too. Katie loves it too, which I didn't expect, but I think is great.



We told the girls that if they asked Santa for a Wii, that it would be all he would bring them. But Santa decided that they would love the Nintendo hand held game system too for the long ride to North Carolina. And no matter how much Mrs. Clause tried to get Santa to wait on that present, it was no use. So the girls were thrilled (to say the least) when they opened them up.



John David wasn't much interested in opening his presents, so the girls helped him a little. And then he got interested. He was so excited that he didn't know what to play with. He got a cute little lawn mower (we gotta get him ready to work with Daddy), an activity table, and a discovery ball. He loved them all, and it was so fun to watch him. Especially with the ball, which he would lay his head on top and look into. So cute! And at one point while he was playing with his lawn mower, he had it turned over like he was working on it. It was so funny! Like father, like son.

Kent and Johnice came over around 8:30am and I made some pancakes and bacon and sausage for breakfast. We just hung out and played the Wii for a little while. Maw Maw also came over to visit. Then I got busy cooking a turkey and dressing for a dinner at church with some families in the ward that don't have families here.



John loved all of the space in the gym, and enjoyed chasing this little cutie around. We had a delicious Christmas dinner, and a fun time visiting together. It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a fun Christmas! And Santa even writes BACK to you, how cute is that!!