Thursday, June 4, 2009

Piano Lessons With Maw Maw



A few months ago the Becks were sitting behind us in church, and after sacrament meeting was over, Sister Beck asked if Katie was taking piano lessons. I told her no, but that we planned to get her started soon. She then took Katie's hand and put it up to hers. She pointed out that Katie's fingers, from her pinkie to her thumb, stretched out as far as hers did. She said that Katie has piano hands and needs to learn to play. I had asked Johnice last year what age was best to start piano lessons, and she said that she thought 8 was the best age. So today we all went over to Maw Maw's house and Katie had her first lesson. I love that Katie is learning to play the piano, but especially that she is learning from her extremely, musically talented Maw Maw Nice. I love that while she is learning to play, she is also making great memories with Maw Maw.



She is so excited. I think she's really going to like it!

2 comments:

DonnaB said...

Piano lessons from Maw Maw...absolutely priceless... for both of them. The little one is getting so big, so cute.

Susan said...

That's perfect...Katie is SO lucky to have her Mawmaw be her piano teacher! What a joy music will be always be for her!