Monday, June 29, 2009

It's A Wonderful Life

Do you ever wake up and just feel incredibly grateful for no apparent reason? I know this is terrible, but for me it usually takes something major in my life or the life of someone close to me for me to feel this way. Not that I don't feel grateful on any given day, but I woke up this morning with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and love for my Heavenly Father for all that He has blessed me with. It makes me a little nervous and wonder if something major is about to happen, but hopefully if it does, I can be grateful for that too, knowing that somehow it will help me to grow and become the person that I am supposed to be. As I have been pondering on these feelings this morning, I am reminded of one of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon. It is in Alma, chapter 26, verse 16, where Ammon is rejoicing because of the conversion of his Lamanite brethren. It says, "Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of His great power, and of His mercy, and of His long suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."

3 comments:

Cam and Mary said...

Yes, I do know how you feel. What a beautiful scripture! Thanks for sharing.

DonnaB said...

Thanks for that beautiful scripture. I need to be reminded of my blessings. Sometimes when I wake up with that wonderful feeling of gratitude I say that my hormones must be lined up right that morning. That is the science of it, but I think Heavenly Father is giving me a message, and that is the Divine part of it. Thanks Lynetta, you don't know how much I admire you.

Amanda said...

i totally know how you feel. i can't beleieve how blessed we are and i worry so much that it'll be taken away. nice to know i'm not the only one who worries over what might happen.