The girls and I tried it out the other day and they loved it. It is simple enough for them to mix, but their favorite part is watching it cook in the microwave. It rises so high over the top of the mug and you think it is going to fall over, but it doesn't. It would make a great FHE treat, since it is quick, easy, and delish! And one mug was plenty for the three of us.
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE:
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large mug
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. I like to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and when I'm really bad, drizzle a little hot fudge over the top!!
2 comments:
How fun and yummy!!! Thanks for sharing. It sounds wonderful. I'll try it just as soon as we finish off our double chocolate zucchini bread. One thing at a time...
I will definitely try that one! Thanks!
Post a Comment