Saturday, June 6, 2009
Houston
A few weeks ago while we were out running errands, Sarah said, "Mom, the temple is the House of the Lord. We need to go there." She was right. We did need to go, because we hadn't been since John David was born. She also said, several times that day, "Why don't I ever get to go to the temple?" So, Friday after Aaron got home from work, we left to go to Houston to spend the night at Mike and Tiffany's. Since we pass the temple on the way to their house, I wanted to stop and let the girls walk around and get some pictures, but they were content to just see it as we passed by because they were too excited to get to play with Austin, Gavin, and Owen. We just hung out at their house that night and visited and watched the kids have a blast playing outside in the sprinklers and playing the Wii (which the girls loved, and now want one). The next day, Mike and Tiffany watched our kids while Aaron and I went to the temple. Since the youth from our ward were doing baptisms, Aaron went to help out with that, while I did a session. It's always a great day at the temple. It is so wonderful to feel the peace and love that is so overwhelming there. And it was really neat to see our youth sacrifice a Saturday to go and do service at the temple. We have some great Young Men & Women in our ward. After the temple, we headed back to Mike and Tiffany's to rescue them. Actually, they said it wasn't too bad having six kids. We hung out with them a little while longer, and then hit the road to head back home. Again, I wanted to stop by the temple to let the girls walk around and get some pictures of them in front of the temple, but Sarah was asleep in the short 10 minute drive there. Oh, well. Maybe next trip. We sure had a great time though. Thanks for the great accommodations, company, and babysitting Mike and Tiffany! We love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was great - come anytime!
Lynetta, would you mind emailing me a few of the pictures you took of our kids together when you were here. I accidentally erased them off my camera (I'm so annoyed!).
Post a Comment