Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Works Like a Charm



I got this idea from one of my old Family Fun magazines as I was cleaning out on Saturday and decided to give it a try. I got this little container (I think it's supposed to be a candle holder) at the dollar store for $1, of course. I wrote down some chores that the girls like to do and some new ones that I think they can handle, like mopping the floor (with a Clorox ready mop--which they LOVE to do!), unloading the dishwasher, wiping off the table, folding clothes, etc. on popsicle sticks. Each morning they pick one to do before we leave the house, or whenever I hear "I'm bored", or if they are fighting and need something constructive to do. They LOVE it! It's like a new game and they don't even realize they are actually working! hee!hee! I know, it won't last forever, but I sure am enjoying it while it does last!

5 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

You are one smart Mama! I love it!

Kristen said...

What a super cute idea! You're better than a magazine. :)

"Granny" Cameron said...

I agree whole-heartedly!!! You ARE better than a magazine. Maybe we need a Youngsville paper??? I put up our vacation pics and swim team if you want to check it out!! Love, Aunt AMY

Andrea said...

Oh I am going to try that one!! I always say to pick up before we leave the house, but now it will be more fun!! I love it!! Fun Idea!!

Amanda said...

i've got to try that. do you think it will work on neal? what a great idea.