We have also been taking care of her little plant that she brought home from her Sunbeam class two Sundays ago. We talked to her teacher this past Sunday and she said hers were already coming up. I thought I had probably killed Sarah's because she had nothing coming up. But then again I haven't watered it like I should have. So we came home from church and watered it and Monday when we checked it four little sprouts were peeking at us. It was very exciting to us--especially Sarah. And each day it just gets taller and taller!
On Tuesday, we went to Walmart to pick up a few things. While we were there, Sarah found this bead kit that she wanted really bad. I told her she would have to save her money and we could come back and buy it later. That usually pacifies her, but this time she reminded me that she had some money. She got about $8 from the Easter egg hunt at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house last Saturday. (They put coins in their eggs instead of candy. And Aunt Brenda had eggs with each kids' name on it and it had $5 in it! I would have liked to have had egg hunts like that when I was a kid!) So against my better judgement, we bought the kit. And of course it was too hard for Sarah, so I spent the better part of Wednesday morning making FIVE watch/bracelets! It was actually kinda fun, but I just felt guilty because I had so many other things I needed to get done. But it made my Sarah happy, and they did turn out pretty cute!
Is she workin' it or what?! And yes, she is wearing a bathing suit and her sister's Sunday shoes! (How is that for fashion sense, Kristen? It must run in the family!:)
Today Sarah's friend Lily came over to play for a while. Sarah seriously asks everyday if Lily can come over. She just LOVES Lily. So today Lily came over and I honestly think that Sarah just laughed and giggled for the entire first hour that Lily was here. They had such a fun time and played so well together. There are no girls Sarah's age at church. Lily is the closest--and they are about 16 months apart. So I hope that they can always be friends and have fun together!
Sarah is such a sweet girl, and has quite an imagination. Tonight Katie was getting a movie for us all to watch. When she came back to her "spot" on the couch, Sarah was sitting there. Katie said, "Sarah, I was sitting there." Sarah said, "Oh, some monsters were trying to sit here so I saved it for you!" She is so funny! You just never know what she'll say next!
2 comments:
I loved the Sarah stories. The monster comment is just hilarious!!! I know what you mean about the store and buying something, too. If its more than $2.00 I will almost always not allow it, unless it is something that they can do together (play-doh, sidewalk chalk, or something like that.) Even then I usually don't get it either. :) My litmus test is how much fun will it be in the store while I shop. Once Ian wanted a thing of bubble bath that was in a Lightning McQueen shaped bottle with wheels that actually worked. I didn't really want to spend the money on it, but for the entire hour and a half we were in the store he drove it on everything in sight. It raced down the freezer section, over the floor, down the pencil aisle. It was the best money I've ever spent for the pure entertainment it provided during the store!!!
I love here wearing ALL the wild watches... so cute!!
Post a Comment