Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

This morning we woke up to Katie telling us that the "Easter Bunny" had been and we needed to get up and come see what he had brought. So we all got up and found two baskets full of fun things and shiny eggs hidden all over our family room. After a few minutes of checking out the new things and munching on some treats, we talked about the true meaning of Easter and how it isn't really a celebration of bunnies, eggs, or candy, but of the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have a knowledge and testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that he once lived on this earth, was crucified, and then rose again three days later. I am so grateful that He loved me enough to die for me. I know that if I live according to His teachings and follow His example, someday I can return to live with Him and my Heavenly Father, which is my greatest desire. I am grateful that each day as I strive to be like Him, and continually fall short of this seemingly impossible goal, I know that He still loves me and believes in me. I am also grateful for my good husband, who also continues to love and support me despite all my of all too obvious flaws. And my two little princesses--I feel so blessed to be their mother. Especially when many times during the day they are teaching me about how to be like the Savior, instead of me teaching them. I also have been blessed with two wonderful parents who have taught me all my life about the Savior and to keep His commandments. I really admire the good parents that they are and hope to be able to instill in my children a love and appreciation for the gospel like they instilled in me. My life is very ordinary, but I am truly grateful for all that I have been blessed with!

No comments: