About a month ago, I was wondering around Michaels and found the cutest bunny cookie cutter. I really don't make sugar cookies a lot, but I just wanted it because it was so cute--and it was only $3. So I bought it. So when Katie came home last week with a note from her teacher asking for treats for the Easter party, I remembered my cute cookie cutter and visions of cute bunny cookies started "hopping" in my head! So I made the cookies yesterday before Katie got home and we decorated them after I picked her up. Well, just like life, they didn't turn out like I had envisioned. I wanted white bunnies, but I guess I put too much vanilla flavoring in my homemade icing, because it wasn't white at all. So I just added some cocoa and made it chocolate icing. And then I made the pink darker than I really wanted it. But we had a fun time decorating them--and that's really what's most important!
So today Sarah and I went to Katie's class party. We were the first to get there, so we got to hide the eggs....well I hid the eggs while Sarah played on the playground. I thought she would be sad that she didn't get to find eggs, but she was just happy to be there at school with the "big" kids. And Katie was just as excited that Sarah was there. They were so sweet together. Katie took Sarah around and introduced her to her friends and they played together on the playground for a few minutes after the hunt and the games. I hope they will always be so sweet together!


Each kid had six eggs with their name on them. So they could only pick up their eggs. Katie was the second one to find all of her eggs and she won a new jump rope!:)
3 comments:
Love the cookies! I think they're adorable. Elise's school won't allow anything that isn't store-bought, so I'm off the hook with treats like that. Good thing b/c mine would never look that good. :)
I think the cookies turned out so cute!!!
That is great. I loved them. i think they were perfect. By the way, dont' forget Staci and Mark's Open house tonight at my house! 7:PM
Post a Comment