Today is my birthday. And what did I want for my birthday? Only one thing. Only the impossible apparently. I just wanted to surprise my husband. You see.....he always puts so much thought into things he gets and does for me. And I try hard to do the same for him, but he always either tells me what he wants....or he just goes and gets it himself. So my goal....my one and only wish for my birthday this year was to surprise him for his birthday. And since our birthdays are so close together, I thought I had the perfect plan. I asked his Mom to tell him that she and my good friend, Heidi, were planning a surprise party for me, and that all he had to do was get me there....and all the while I was planning this surprise party for him. It was the perfect cover. But I blew it...or so he says. He says that I left my emails up.....and that he found out from an email from one of his friends. I don't quite buy it all, but that's another story. So...it wasn't quite the surprise I thought it was going to be, but it was a super fun night nonetheless.
So we both had a birthday cake.
So everyone sang to us and we blew our candles out, and then we ate and visited.
What he was suprised about was who all I had invited. He was so excited to see who all was there.
Our dear friend Karen.
Jim May, who was probably the biggest influence in Aaron's decision to serve in the Marines.
Josh and Dan, his best friends from high school.
Zack, who he shared an unforgettable night with in Colorado years ago that has bonded them forever. Hahaha!
Mr. Gene and Mrs. Nell, who he loves dearly.
And Adam came in from Austin. Aaron was very surprised and excited to see him.
Johnny Colbert, who Aaron loves and admires so much.
After everyone left, he discovered another surprise. Weeks ago I had sent out letters to people that mean a lot to him and asked them to send him a card or letter for his birthday. My goal was to get 40 cards from dear friends for him to read on his 40th birthday.
He was so touched by the sweet memories and stories that were shared.
His "brother from another mother", aka, Mark James, sent his this picture of one of their hunting trips from years ago with his letter.
So...a huge thank you to everyone who helped me make this happen. It really means a lot to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives.
And even though it didn't turn out quite as planned, it was a lot of fun. And....I still love you honey! Even if you are impossible to surprise!
No comments:
Post a Comment