Sunday, November 4, 2012
Who's the boss?
We had a little showdown here in Youngsville tonight. John David has decided that he is the boss around these parts. So when I told him to stop doing something tonight, he began telling me, "No Mom! I'm the boss!" When I told him that Daddy and I are the bosses....well, he didn't appreciate it one bit and commenced the tantrum of the century. So we told him to go to his room until he could calm down. He stayed back there crying for a while and finally calmed down and came back into the living room. Aaron and I were in the kitchen talking, but overheard him talking to Katie and Sarah and trying his hardest to get them to go into the kitchen to tell us that he was the boss. We laughed as we heard the girls tell him no over and over, but finally Sarah relented and came into the kitchen and said, "John wants me to tell you that he is the boss." Then John David came into the kitchen too, and looked at us to see what we were going to say. When I told him that Daddy and I are still the bosses, he was genuinely heartbroken. He started crying again, but not the tantrum kind of crying....it was a serious my-feelings-are-hurt kind of cry. So we hugged him and finally were able to console him when we told him that when he grows up and becomes a Daddy, then he can be the boss. And it worked. At least for now. What a funny kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment