We spent the better part of Thanksgiving Day over at Kent and Johnice's house. After our delicious, traditional Thanksgiving feast, we enjoyed the beautiful day. The men played horse shoes.
I enjoyed this beautiful view from the hammock.
That is....until my kids joined me and we all ended up on the ground. Oh...the joys of a hammock.
Aaron tried to sneak in a few Zzzzzs.
But eventually the cousins took over the hammock.
We enjoyed Maw Maw Mire reading "Pete's New Shoes" to us.
I love that John David sat and listened to the whole story.
Then we played tug of war.
John David really got into it.
Everyone was having a blast.....until the rope broke. That was quite entertaining to watch, but I didn't get a picture of it because we were laughing so hard.
And we enjoyed my mom's company for Thanksgiving this year. It's the first time she has been here with us on Thanksgiving. We loved having her here, but she (and her dressing) was greatly missed in NC.
But the best thing about the day was just being together! I love my family!

No comments:
Post a Comment