We also started a "conference afghan", which was a cool idea we borrowed from this cute little family that recently moved into our ward and spoke in sacrament meeting on how to make the most out of conference. The rules are you can only work on it during conference. So next conference we'll get it out again and work on it some more.
I was hoping the girls would get into the crocheting, but they gave up pretty early on. So I ended up making a conference scarf for Sarah out of one of the afghans that was started. Maybe they'll get more into it as they get older. *fingers crossed*
I have been so uplifted by the wonderful messages over the past two days, but I still think my favorite was from last weekends General Relief Society meeting. Sister Burton said:
Why does the Lord allow suffering and adversity to come to us in this life? Simply put, it is part of the plan for our growth and progress! We “shouted for joy” when we knew we would have the opportunity to come to earth to experience mortality. Elder Dallin H. Oaks taught, “Our needed conversions are often achieved more readily by suffering and adversity than by comfort and tranquillity.”
So true! And my favorite part was:
All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT! I am so grateful for my elder brother and Savior Jesus Christ and for His amazing love and sacrifice for me! I truly do stand all amazed! What a blessing it is to have a knowledge of Him and His amazing plan for us! I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it. I live it. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment