Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holly Beach

We found ourselves with nothing to do today, so we decided to drive down to Holly Beach. As the Gibsons were taking their beach chairs out, they found this little guy hanging on for dear life.



Ashley, who was afraid of him to begin with, soon became his friend.



Sarah, of course, was anxious to make a new friend too.



She wanted to bring him home, but Ashley decided that she was going to keep him.



So took a little stroll down the beach.



Bailey was lovin' being able to run free.



The other girls started collecting shells.





John David was just trying to keep up.



I discovered a new thing to do at the beach. I would look for these shells that were paper thin.



And then I'd step on them and crush them. It was oddly satisfying, kinda like crunching leaves or popping plastic bubbles. I know it's weird, but I liked it.



Anyway, so we each got distracted doing different things and forgot to watch Bailey. I think it was Aaron who finally asked where she was. So we started looking, and she was no where to be seen. We walked around in different directions calling her. The girls were in tears. We looked for about 15 minutes before we came back together and Aaron and I decided to get in his truck and drive around and look for her. She is a smart dog, and we knew she could find her way back to us, but we also knew that she is so friendly and small that it would be easy for someone to take her. But we hadn't drove very far before we saw exploring and enjoying her freedom. We started calling her and she looked over at us and just stopped in her tracks. She usually listens well, and comes when she is called. But she knew she was in trouble, so she wouldn't move an inch. So Aaron walked over and picked her up, and we took her back to where everyone else was waiting. The girls were so relieved.



And Bailey spend the rest of the time at the beach on her leash.



Our hero. Kind of ironic that he was wearing this shirt.



Thank goodness for happy endings!


No comments: