I always look forward to this day every year. It is a special day to me. It is the day I met my dear husband. This morning I sent a text to him with the words of the song that we danced to at our wedding reception. It was a song that I picked to be "our song."
Me & You by Kenny Chesney
Ordinary, no
Really don't think so
Not a love this true
Common destiny
We were meant to be
Me and you
Like a perfect scene
From a movie screen
We're a dream come true
Suited perfectly
For eternity
Me and you
Everyday, I need you even more
And the nighttime too
There's no way I could ever let you go
Even if I wanted to
Everyday I live
Try my best to give
All I have to you
Thank the stars above
That we share this love
Me and you
He sent me a text back with some of the words to the song that he picked to be "our song".
My Favorite Memory by Merle Haggard
The first time we met is a favorite memory of mine.
They say time changes all it pertains to
But your memory is stronger than time.
I guess everything does change except what you choose to recall.
There's a million good daydreams to dream on
But, baby, you are My Favorite Memory of all.
Before we met I didn't even know who Merle Haggard was, but I quickly learned and now it's one of my favorite songs too. I like when my husband sings it to me, and I love that the first time we met is a favorite memory of his.......because it happens to be one of my favorite memories too!
3 comments:
I still remember the story Aaron told me about how you guys met--something about a number in a phone booth! Men!!!!
Ha! Yes, he loves to tell that made up story. :)
That is too funny...What a great day to meet the man of your dreams. That is the day that I met Justin. I am glad you were able to celebrate.
Post a Comment