Sunday, July 12, 2009

Living In A Rainbow



My girls LOVE rainbows! And crafts! So this summer we have combined the two and done some really cool rainbow crafts. First we made rainbows out of fruit loops, an idea I saw on Make and Takes.



Then we dyed pasta the colors of the rainbow.................



...............and made pasta pictures.....................



...................and pasta jewelry--necklaces, bracelets, and rings.



I think they turned out pretty cute.



And so did the girls.



We have also done rainbow manicures and pedicures................



...........which also turned out pretty cute. Sarah loved this the most, and has asked for several more manicures and pedicures since.



But mine and Katie's favorite rainbow craft so far has been the rainbow jello that we made. I googled 'rainbow jello' and found this recipe, and Katie and I both knew when we saw it that it was 'the one' we had to make. It turned out super cool! (This would make a great dessert for a FHE lesson about Noah's Ark.)



It was actually pretty time consuming, but Katie and I did it together and we both really enjoyed it. Not only did it look cool, but it was delicious--and I'm not really a big jello fan. We'll definitely be making this again.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Fun times!!! Love the jello mold. How cool!!!

Alysa&Morgan said...

Sounds fun! I wish i could be there!!! :( :( :(

Stacy James said...

Once again, you are the coolest mom ever!!

Be A Saint said...

How fun to have a theme. We may just steal your idea!!

DonnaB said...

I officially nominate you for mom of the year or at least the summer!

Andrea said...

What fun rainbow projects!! So much fun! I love those rainbow earrings!! That rainbow jello is cool! My mom would make one like that too but her's was just in a plain old 8x10 pan. So neat!

Tiffany said...

I love all the rainbow stuff! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun this summer!

Stephanie said...

Hey Lynetta! We had a rainbow at our house a couple of days ago. Check out this website - theidearoom.blogspot.com. They have a cool rainbow cake idea. Looks time consuming but very cute!