Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Five Months

The sweetest boy in the world (at least our world) is five months old today. I just can't get over what a good baby he is. In fact, while we were in Austin, we noticed that he was only drinking 3 or 4 ounces of formula at a feeding, instead of his normal 4 to 6 ounces. So I took him to the doctor on Monday just to make sure nothing was going on, and sure enough, another ear infection. But you wouldn't know it by how he acted on our trip. He was a little fussy on Thursday night, but other than that, he was as happy as he could be. Adam and Rachel even commented about what a laid back little guy he is. Incidentally, he weighed 18 pounds and 12 ounces. My little hunk-a-hunk of burning love!



We put him in the Johnny Jump-Up for the first time a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't so sure about it to begin with, but he's starting to like it. He still hasn't figured out that he can jump in it though. I think when he does figure it out, he will love it.



Have I mentioned what a great sleeper he is? Sometimes he sleeps so much I want to go wake him up because I miss him. But then I remember my never ending to-do list, so I refrain.



He is rolling and scooting all over the place now, so we don't bother to lay him on a blanket anymore because he doesn't stay on it for too long. This means I have to do better at keeping my carpet clean. :( He is still teething and drooling all the time. This is what his outfit usually looks like at any given time of day.



He is always trying to get something in his mouth to gnaw on, like toys, or..............................



............fingers (and they don't have to be his own--if anyone's fingers get close enough, he'll grab them and put them in his mouth), or......................



.............toes (he LOVES to chew on his toes!), or...............



.............his fists (sometimes he tries to get them both in his mouth, which is pretty entertaining to watch) , or....................................



..............just anything he can get his chubby little fingers on!



*He is now eating solids twice a day. He seems to like everything we have tried so far (pears, applesauce, prunes, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, and squash), but I think carrots are his favorite. When I fed him those, I just couldn't get it in fast enough.
*He doesn't know his name yet. I think because he gets called so many names besides John David, such as sweet boy, handsome boy, honey, and then there's Moose, which is the nickname that Aaron is trying so hard to get to stick. I still don't like it. But wouldn't you know, he gives the best response when he hears Aaron say, "Hey Moose!" He just smiles and laughs. I need to make a better effort to call him John David, and hopefully he'll soon realize that is his name!

3 comments:

Marc and Letty said...

Every time I see hem, he looks more and more and more precious. I don't know which picture I love more. One day you will find him with a bite on his leg and you will know I did it.

Stacy James said...

How adorable.....my grandson just had tubes put in his ears because he kept having ear infections. Been good ever since! God love em all.

Alysa&Morgan said...

They grow up so fast! My nephew is like ten or eleven monthes!