Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just Our Luck

Just once it would be so nice for us to go to NC without anyone being sick. It seems like most times we go, we have someone get sick just before we leave or just after we get there. On our trip last year for Thanksgiving, which also happened to be my sister's wedding, Sarah was sick almost the entire time we were there. She had a high fever and was throwing up. We thought to begin with that it was a virus, but we finally took her to an urgent care when she just wasn't getting better. A few hundred dollars later, we found out she had an ear infection. And unfortunately, this time is more of the same. We thought we had nipped it in the bud because we took Sarah to the doctor last Friday and got her on an antibiotic for her ear infections. I called yesterday to schedule a follow up appointment for this morning just to make sure her ears were cleared up and she would be ready for our trip. After she didn't sleep well and ran a low grade fever last night, I wondered if she was not quite well. I was also not feeling well when I woke up this morning. So after the doctor looked at Sarah's ears, she said they were better, but not well. She then looked at her throat and said she found the cause of her fever--strep throat--which explains why my throat was hurting pretty bad when I woke up this morning. So I called my doctor and they are calling out an antibiotic for me. Thank goodness, because I am so tired and didn't feel like going into the office. So instead of leaving this afternoon like we had planned, Sarah and I are going to try to get some rest and get our antibiotics going and hopefully we'll be able to leave in the morning. I don't think it's asking too much for us not to be sick for just one trip. Maybe someday.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yikes!!! Keep those germs away!! LOL, hope you feel better and have an awesome trip!

Andrea said...

Oh yuck, strep is so horrible. I hope you two feel better soon. And I hope you can go on your trip tomorrow!! Get some rest.

Amanda said...

That's terrible. You guys really do have bad luck with your NC trips. Hope everyone feels better soon. Can't wait to see you guys.