Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Date Night

Saturday was an extremely busy day for Aaron. He started out early in the morning going to help out at an Eagle Scout project. He got home just in time to take a shower and get ready to take us to Alexis's baptism. After we got home from the baptism, he had about an hour and a half before he had to leave to go to the stake dance. He called his mom and asked her to watch the girls, and then asked if I wanted to go with him to the stake dance. I have to admit that it really wasn't my idea of a fun date night, but any time I get to spend with him these days is precious to me. So I went and it was actually a good time. We enjoyed visiting with the youth and leaders too. We were also quite entertained watching the youth--and some leaders--shake a leg. I am grateful for date nights and my husband who tries to include me in his busy schedule.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Dances are so much fun. I am glad you got to go and have a good time.

Kristen said...

I feel the same way about time with Cory. Even though our callings aren't as demanding right now, it still seems like time together not as frequent as we'd like. Cory's had to work most Saturdays here lately, so he took off yesterday and just spent the day with us. It was so fun!!! Its just always more fun when we're together.