Saturday, May 17, 2008

Opening Day



Katie and Sarah have been asking for a while when the water park would be opening. I told them we would go on opening day, which was today. I guess I should have waited to see the weather forecast before promising to go on opening day, but I didn't think it would be a problem. We have had several warm and humid days already, but today was NOT one of them. In fact, we saw on one of the bank signs on the way to the water park this morning at 10am that the temperature was 68 degrees. So needless to say, it was a very cold day in the water. We kept hoping for the clouds to disappear and that the sun would come out and warm things up, but that never happened. But despite the chilly water and the cloudy skies, we did manage to have some fun and even talked Aaron into coming to hang out for a little while after he got back from his camp out.



By 1:30, Sarah's teeth were chattering and she had had all the fun she could stand. Grandma was more than willing to get out of the water and lounge with her. :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh I love the water park!! We lived there last summer! I am so glad it is opened now!! And it's so crazy it was so cold!! You just never know what weather will be like here!! It looks like the girls are really enjoying their grandparents being there!

Kristen said...

I'm with Sarah. I hate being around the water in cold weather. I suspect she's even braver than I am...I wouldn't have even attempted it! Looks like you still managed lots of fun, though!