Tonight I made the best Beef Stroganoff ever! The recipe came from the Essential Mormon Celebrations cookbook. Here is the recipe if you don't have it.
1 1/2 pounds top round steak, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
4 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 tablespoons butter, divided
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can beef consomme (I just used beef broth)
1 8 ounce can mushrooms
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
noodles or rice for 8 (I used noodles)
Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag. Add meat strips and shake until well coated. In a large frying pan, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned. Place in a bowl and set aside. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in frying pan along with olive oil over medium heat. Place meat in pan and brown on all sides. Add beef consomme and onion and garlic mixture. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes. Add mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce and cook for about 10 more minutes, or until meat is tender. Just before serving, top with sour cream. Serve over buttered noodles or rice. Makes 8 servings. DELICIOUS!
1 comment:
I absolutly love beef stroganoff!! I make mine with cream cheese and milk!! It's soooooo goooood! I will have to try your version! It sounds good too!!
Post a Comment