1. Where has the summer gone? Seriously?! Only three weeks before my babies have to go back to school, yet it seems like they just got out. Why does it seem like summer goes by faster the older that they get? Sad face. :(
2. Our air conditioner finally died last week. We have known it was coming for a while. For the last few years we have had to add Freon to it each summer and do a few minor things to it as well. The last few weeks it's been squealing at times and I've been praying that it would just hang on for the rest of this summer. But....it just didn't happen. The good news is that Aaron has a friend who works on air conditioners and he had it replaced in less than three hours. We can already tell a huge difference. The new unit doesn't run constantly like our old one did and our house is staying cool during the hottest part of the day. So hooray for a new A/C unit and for my husband's "creative" way of coming up with the money to pay for it when we really didn't know where the money was going to come from. He's pretty much a genius!
3. I made my first wedding cake this past weekend, and it may have also been my last. It was a very labor intensive project, and way too stressful. And I had to deliver it too. There were several things I was worried about, but I think it actually turned out okay. (Check out the cake blog for pictures.)
4. Our sweet little Sarah is sick again, and has an appointment with an ENT this week. I hate the thought of her having to get her tonsils out, but when I think about how little Katie has been sick since she had her tonsils out, it makes me wonder if Sarah wouldn't be better off without hers too. We'll see what the doctor says.
5. The kids and I were at Target the other day when there was a shooting at Ross, which is just a few stores down from where we were. It was the craziest thing ever, and I was just had such a weird feeling hearing all of the sirens and watching the cops scrambling. So I scooped my babies up and drove home. It was just too close for comfort and I needed to be in a safe place. I will now be finishing up my school shopping online.
6. I have been feeling just incredibly blessed lately. I am so grateful for my husband, my children, my country, my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. So many blessings! Life is good!
2 comments:
The shooting was scary. But that's still my #1 shopping area in town and I think it's mostly safe.
So scary about that shooting! Sorry you & your kids were so close to it. I agree with you that summer goes by way too quickly. My kids go back in 3 weeks too & it's not fair! I love summertime!
Post a Comment