Saturday, July 30, 2011

Friday Night at Holly Beach

We rode down to Holly Beach tonight with the Gibsons. The weather was perfect--it wasn't even hot down there. Just breezy and beautiful!



The kids played on the beach while the hamburgers were grilling.



After dinner (thank goodness), a plane flew by spraying for mosquitoes. At least we think that's what he was doing.









Then it circled back around and sprayed again.



The kids thought it was pretty cool. Especially John David.



Before it got dark we made some smores. (BTW, I bought the new flat marshmallows that are supposed to be made for smores because it seemed like a good idea in the store. But as soon as we put them on our roasting sticks we quickly found out that they aren't very easy to roast. I think I'll just stick with the regular marshmallows next time.)



He was so excited to be holding the big fork.





Summer isn't summer without smores, right?





And you gotta have some root beer to wash it down with.



It was a beautiful sight watching the sun go down. I've always loved all the different colors of the sky as the sun goes down.












What a beautiful way to end the night!

No comments: