Saturday, July 9, 2011

LSU Cake

This is the cake I was asked to make at the birthday party we went to a few weeks ago.



She didn't ask for anything specific, she just said the theme for the birthday party was LSU.



Sometimes it's nice when they are more specific because I had a hard time trying to figure out what to do for this cake.



The front of the jersey.



My favorite thing about this cake is the baseball inside the glove.



But this turned out pretty good too. I think it would have looked way cooler in fondant, but she didn't want fondant. Oh well....still looks cool.


Kinda makes me want to make a Tarheel cake, but I'm sure I won't be getting any orders for a Tarheel cake in these parts. :)

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

What an awesome cake! You are a rock star Lynetta! Way to go!!!

Cam and Mary said...

That is so great that you are making cakes, and getting paid for it! :) You do a great job. Your kids are growing up so fast! It sounds like you had a great 4th.

The Good Ol Days said...

Wow!! That is an amazing cake. I love all the little details Lynetta! Everything seems to be going well for you guys! So, Chase's sister and her husband are moving to NC next month. He will be working at an elementary school in Garner and She may have a job at the dental school at the College. I guess we might become Tarheels....maybe. I told them I would ask you if you had any suggestions or advice for their move??? You guys look great!