Tuesday, February 15, 2011

the cutest two year old on the planet

John David had his two year old check up today. He weighs 31lbs. and is 34 3/4 inches tall. And hip-hip-hooray......no shots today. So I took him to get another hair cut. Ever since his first one, it has become more and more obvious to me that he did kinda look like a little girl with his long, curly locks. So we went for the boy cut today. I took him to a different place this time. A place especially for kids that has cute little cars for them to sit in, and a big TV in front of the cool cars, to hopefully distract the little ones from what is actually going on. Well, it didn't work for John. He cried the entire time. It was crazy. I even thought of just telling her to stop and call it good several times, but we stuck it out and I am so glad we did. It is soooo cute! Now he officially looks like a little boy. So I decided to take him to the park to try to get some pictures of the cutest two year old on the planet. But that didn't go like I had hoped either.



He is really into tractors right now, so I brought some for him to play with while I tried to get him to look my way.



But he was having too much fun playing with them to give me the time of day, much less glance my way.





He also loves the "Cars" movie, so I brought his "Cars" cars, and his "Mac" truck that Santa brought him for Christmas.





Have I mentioned that he makes the best motor sound.....ever?! Seriously! Just ask anyone in our family. Or anyone who sits close to us at church on Sunday.



He was having so much fun, but was so not interested in smiling for me to take a picture.



But man, he sure is cute!







So I broke out his ride on tractor to see if that would evoke some smiles. He did get pretty excited about having his "ak-ter" (aka tractor), but still not cooperating like I had hoped.







"Maybe if I ignore her, she'll go away."





"Man, she's still there." At least he smiled, but could you please just look at the camera?



"Sorry. Too busy......



......being goofy."



Cute, but still no smile.



"Hey, did someone call me?"



"Oooo. What is that?"



So distracted.



Acting crazy.



"Don't care what you do.....I'm not looking at the camera!"



"That's it! I'm leaving!"



So here are my favorites. I'm trying to decide between these three which one to use for his two year old picture to go on my wall. Not the greatest, but as good as it gets for this age, I think.







Love you to pieces little man.......even if you refuse to cooperate for pictures!

No comments: