Maw Maw and Paw Paw couldn't make it to his party tonight, so they stopped by this afternoon to visit him for a few minutes. He absolutely loved the boots they gave him. As soon as he opened them, he said, "Boots!" I didn't even know that he knew what boots were.
Of course he had to put them on right away. It was pretty entertaining watching him walk around in them.
Then tonight we invited a few friends over to help us celebrate. This is John's friend Clayton. He is such a cutie.
John David loved the Tonka truck that his sisters gave him. He even took it for a little spin.

And he loved the fishing pole from Daddy too.

He loved the Handy Manny talking toolbox as well. He immediately started fixing all kinds of stuff around here.

Then it was time for cake. I decided to make him this cake since he loves cars.
Aaron said to make sure the Marine car was in the lead.
We sat John David down in front of his cake and started singing "Happy Birthday".......
.....and he started singing too!
I love that! It was so cute!
But the absolute cutest thing was watching him try to blow out his candles!
HOW.
STINKIN'.
CUTE?!
He enjoyed his cake and ice cream. And it looks like Dusty is good for more than just cutting wood.

5 comments:
He is sooooo cute! Those two years flew by!!
I can't believe John David is already 2 years old - my little birthday buddy! :) Wonderful cake, as usual, Lynetta!
What a fun birthday celebration! Happy Birthday John David! What a cutie!!!
I love the cake! You are a baker babe! Did you make Sarah's lady bug too?
Yes, I did. I have always wanted to learn to decorate cakes and finally took the cake decorating classes at Micheal's last year. It was so much fun!
Post a Comment