Friday, February 18, 2011

This & That

1. I didn't realize how dependent I am on the computer until ours died a few weeks ago. (It was barely a year old, which was very frustrating. But that's another story.) So many times I needed to come to the computer to do something and then remembered that it was dead. I use the computer to check the weather, check the school lunch menu, get help with FHE lessons, pay bills, look at store ads, shopping, get ideas for cakes, crafts, and other projects, and most importantly blogging. Aaron went and bought us another one, and I immediately needed to use it. You know.....for important stuff like paying the bills...........and blogging. Thank goodness for my blog or else I would have lost all of John David's baby pictures. We did actually lose a few that were not on the blog, but the best ones are, so I can live with that.

2. I really, REALLY don't know how much longer I can stay in nursery with John David. It's been over six months now. I rarely get to sit through sacrament meeting, and going to nursery for two hours after that is getting old. Luckily, just when I thought I was about to go crazy on Sunday after having a really hard time with John during sacrament, a night in shining armor came in to rescue me. Okay, so his armor wasn't that shiny, but my thoughtful husband came to nursery and told me I could go to Relief Society and he would stay with John. That meant so much to me to know that he was thinking about me without me even telling him how I was feeling that day. I am so grateful for him. However, I do realize that it may not happen again since he is so busy at church on Sundays. But at least maybe I can make it a little while longer without losing my sanity.

3. I am so enjoying this beautiful weather we have had all week. John David and I have been playing outside everyday and soaking it all up. Aaron made a sandbox last week for John David to play in with his trucks and he is lovin' it! So are the girls! Love, love, LOVE our new fence!

4. I am finally on a new medication for my hypothyroidism. I am very hopeful that it can help me feel better than I have in the past months, and maybe even make losing weight a little easier too. *fingers crossed* I had no idea all of the things that were affected by thyroid issues, many of which I have experienced, but the worst is feeling so tired ALL the time. I feel like I can never get enough sleep these days. Hopefully it'll get better soon.

5. Have I mentioned how great my husband is? This week we found out that both of our girls are reading below grade. This was extremely disheartening for me to hear. I really, REALLY want my kids to be good readers and enjoy reading. I have read to the girls since they were babies. I take them to the library and we always participate in the summer reading program. However, despite my push to get them to love books and reading, Katie told Aaron in 2nd (or maybe 3rd) grade that she hated reading. So I haven't pushed Sarah to read as much as I did Katie. But that is obviously not working either. So while talking to Aaron about my concerns, he helped me to realize that this is not as horrible as I was feeling like it was. Yes, we need to work with them to help them improve, but it will be okay. I am so grateful for him helping me to put things into perspective.

6. I am taking a photography class with my friend Stephanie at Sowella. Our first class was last Tuesday night. I thought I understood a little of what he was saying, but I came home to practice and realized that I didn't have a clue. I think I can..........I think I can............I think I can understand shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. I'm sure it'll come with time and practice.....lots of time and practice.

7 comments:

Susan said...

What a relief to still have your blog pictures!!! And what kind of computer was it that died so soon? (WTG for the photo class!!)

Carolina girl said...

I know! Thank goodness for the blog. And it was a HP. I didn't want another one, but that's exactly what Aaron ended up getting. This time we got the extended warranty though. :)

Cam and Mary said...

How fun for you and Stephanie! I took one a while ago from a friend. It's great to know more about your camera, although I've learned that most people who take great photos have an eye for it as well. Hope you get feeling better soon! Oh, and we think you're hubby is awesome, too, along with his family! :)

Tiffany said...

I'm just as dependent on the computer as you are...for all those same things! What would we do without it?! Glad you are back on your blog! :)

The Caple Crew said...

Austin was the same way with nursery, still kinda is! But then finally we got an AWESOME nursery leader that would take him in screaming and within minutes he would calm down and be fine for the rest of the time....as long as he didn't see or hear me or Sheldon!

Seriously this weather has been awesome! If you and John David ever need some friends you can always give us a call! We are always looking for excuses to go out and play!

I'm amazed by how many people I have met that has hypothyroid! I have it too!!! They've had to up my dose during the pregnancy, they had to with my first pregnancy too. But I totally feel ya on the sleepy part of it all, but that should start going away with the medicine.

Carolina girl said...

Jen, we would love for you guys to come play sometime! The boys would have fun together.

Laura said...

Goodness girl! You have a lot going on! Hopefully your meds will kick in and you'll feel better all around to kick butt on the reading issues and the toddler ones too! Two year olds are NOT easy! Yikes! Good luck w/ your photography class! I thought about taking that same one, but Steven is in class on Tuesday nights this semester, so...oh well! I'll have to keep learning on my own for a while longer. It's frustrating though--I could use the feedback of a teacher! Have fun!