Thursday, October 2, 2008

We Finally Made It Back!

Aaron and I haven't done so well on our 'once a month' trip to the temple for the last 3 months. In July, the Houston Temple was closed for the first part of the month and the girls and I were in North Carolina for the last two weeks of the month. In August, we actually had plans to go to the Baton Rouge Temple the last weekend of August when Hurricane Gustav decided to go pay a visit to Baton Rouge too and ruined those plans. In September, Hurricanes Gustav and Ike had hit Baton Rouge and Houston, respectively, and left them both without power, so we again were unable to attend for the month. But yesterday, we finally made it to the Houston Temple, along with the Baxters and Bobby and Erin Aucoin. It was a beautiful day spent with great company. It's amazing how much just a couple of hours inside the temple can uplift and inspire you.

About 30 minutes before we got to the temple, we got a call from Katie at school. She had been hit in the head with a door (I think) and was complaining about a headache and wanted to go home. So we called Johnice, who was already watching Sarah for us, and she went and picked her up. We were a little worried until we received a phone call from Johnice after she had picked Katie up. She said she was fine, but that she went ahead and checked her out anyway. I am so grateful for Johnice and that we can leave town and know without a doubt that the girls will be well taken care of while we are gone. It is such a huge blessing. When we got back earlier than we had originally thought, the girls were a little less than thrilled to see us. Katie said, "What are you doing back so early? We still want Maw Maw to stay!" And Sarah added, "Yeah, she was going to take us a bath." I told them I could give them a bath and that Maw Maw was probably tired and ready for a break. But they insisted that Maw Maw give them a bath, and she was more than willing to do it, so I let her so we wouldn't completely ruin the girls fun. After baths, they played a game of 'Battle' with Maw Maw, and then we sent them off to bed. So thanks to Johnice, we were able to enjoy a day at the temple while the girls enjoyed a day hanging out with her. It was a great day for all of us!

2 comments:

Susan said...

You're so lucky to have a mother-in-law as loving and caring as Johnice. I know how much the girls love her...and I do too. ♥

Andrea said...

You are so very lucky to have such a wonderful mother in law. It's so nice to know while you will be so far away that she is loving and caring for them.