Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another Evacuation



Today Johnice and I were outside in the garage working on a project when Sarah came to me and asked me if I could help her find her baby's play clothes. Her friend Ethan was over and they were playing 'family' with the baby in the 'clubhouse'. I told her I would in a few minutes. She had come to ask me probably three or four more times before I finally got to a good stopping point and went inside to find the diaper bag and trunk with the baby's clothes. I picked out a onesie and brought it out to her. She said, "No Mom. Not that one." I had apparently picked out the wrong play clothes, so I told her to take it back inside and pick out what she wanted. I went back to the garage to get back to work and a few minutes later I noticed Ethan carrying one of my plants to the clubhouse. I went out to see what they were up to and noticed that they had my herbs, the baby's trunk and diaper bag, and the baby 'asleep' in her baby bed all up inside the clubhouse. I asked, "Why did you guys bring all of this stuff out here?" Sarah looked at me and said, "Mom, we are evacuating."

4 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Too funny! Such is life in LA! :)

Tiffany said...

That is so funny! Sarah is adorable. I like your Halloween blog layout, Lynetta!

melibwig said...

Funny stuff! That Sarah trips me out. I miss her and can't wait to see her. Give her big hugs and kisses from Aunt Lissa!

Kristen said...

Looks like you guys have done this one too many times. :) Tell her next time to come evacuate in NC. :)