Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Katie's Band Concert

Tonight was Katie's first band concert of the year. Normally they have several throughout the year, but this was the first and only for the this year since they have been renovating the gym all school year and just finished last week. I have to admit that I really was not excited about her being in the band. I tried hard to talk her into art, or tech. But she really wanted to play the clarinet. And it has been really good for her. It has helped her a lot with her piano, and being able to read music already really helped her in band.



They have a great band director at Maplewood. His name is Mr. Smith.



There's Katie and her friend, Kylie.



John David was so into the music.



He was quite entertaining to watch!



Here's Katie's friend playing the bass clarinet.



And two more friends playing the French horn.



One of the highlights was listening to Mr. Smith play the saxophone. He is very talented.



It was a fun night! Great job silly girls!



No comments: