Friday, January 11, 2013

what a compliment

Conversation with Katie this afternoon after I jokingly said that no one likes me.

Katie: That's not true. I like you.
Me: Thank you Katie. What a sweet thing to say.
Katie: Well, I do. I like my parents. Most of my friends at school don't like their parents, and say bad things about them. But I'm like, 'Well I like my parents!'

She continued telling us how lots of kids at school say terrible things about their parents and say that they hate their parents. It made me sad for those kids and parents. But it also made my heart happy to hear our sweet girl tell us that she likes her parents. We are really grateful to have a relationship with her where she feels that way. I love that she feel comfortable enough to be able to talk with us about how she is feeling and things that are going on with her. I just hope and pray we can keep those lines of communication open during the critical years ahead. Now that would be amazing!

No comments: