Sarah had her tonsils and adenoids taken out this morning, and tubes put in her ears. I'm so sad that I forgot to take my camera to the hospital because I would have loved to have some pictures of the awesome people who took care of her there. She really amazed us, and everyone else too, with how well she handled herself. She was quite the comic and had everyone laughing with her sweet personality. The nurse came in asked if she was nervous about her surgery, and she very sweetly and calmly said, "Yeah. I'm a little scared. Okay....terrified actually." But the funny thing was that she wasn't acting nervous. She was all laid back all comfy in her bed watching TV. Then the
anesthesiologist came in and sad on her bed and started talking to her. He introduced himself and asked her, "Sarah, have you ever been put to sleep before?" She replied, "No...but I have been sent to bed before." Before long she had everyone wrapped around her finger. When the surgery was over, her doctor came in to tell us that everything went well and that Sarah did great and that she would be out of recovery in a few minutes. She then talked about how everyone was amazed with how well prepared she was for her surgery and how sweet and polite she was to everyone and how they all just couldn't get over her. She thanked us and told us that is makes their jobs so much easier when they have kids like her come in. Even the nurse who brought her back from recovery said she was "the sweetest and most polite girl." It wasn't long before she woke up and was looking around like she was confused about where she was and what was happening to her. It's times like this that make you wish you could take their place and their pain. She rested a little while, and eventually woke up and drank some juice. She was able to keep it down, and they finally let us come home. But, she didn't want the nurse to take off her hospital bracelets. They might as well have been fancy jewelry. And you should have seen the smile on her face when she got to ride in the wheel chair on the way out. It was as good as a limo ride to her.
We were really surprised how well she seemed to be doing. When Katie had her tonsils taken out, she threw up almost the entire first day. So we were thinking that Sarah would probably be the same way. Lucky for us, it wasn't the case.
We knew she was in pain, but we knew it was a good sign when she asked for some Orange Leaf before we even got out of Lake Charles.
She had all kinds of surprises waiting for her when she got home.
And Grandma sent Fancy Nancy's dog "Frenchy" to keep Sarah company during her recovery.
She spent most of the day looking like this, but she ate and drank pretty good, considering all that she has experienced today.
Unfortunately, the worst is yet to come. The next few days are supposed to be the hardest. But...she'll be fine.....because she is one tough cookie!
5 comments:
She's so cute...hope she gets well soon!! (if in doubt, get her more Orange Leaf!!)
That stinks but she is tuff in the bluff:) I have to get my tonsils taken out in a few weeks and if I can be as brave as her I will be just fine too. Although I have to say that I am a bit more scared then her...:(
Poor precious girl, we hope she can recover soon.
Such a sweet girl!
It does not surprise me at all what everyone thought of her! I hope she's still doing well!
Post a Comment