Our sweet second grader.
Since the girls have to wear uniforms, the shoes are always the most exciting part of shopping for school stuff. This year they both wanted Converse. I love these plaid ones that Sarah picked out.
Our fabulous fifth grader.
She actually wanted the plaid converse too, but they didn't come in her size. So she picked out these super cute pink hi-tops. Love them too! What I don't love is that she is now wearing a size 6 in women's shoes. How crazy is that?! My baby wearing women's size shoes!?! I told her she is not allowed to grow anymore.
Love, love, love these sweet girls!
My sweet babies. John David is so going to miss his sisters being home all day.
So after our little photo session, we went to school. I always walk the girls to their classes on the first day. John David loves this part.
We dropped off Sarah first. He was still fine at this point.
Then we walked Katie to her class. It melts my heart that she actually really wanted me to walk her to her class this year. I had thought that she would decline my offer. But she didn't. I am quite sure this will be the last year though.
When we got to her class she sat down outside her classroom to wait for the bell.....and so did John David.
And he had no intentions of getting up. He wanted to stay with her, and was not very happy when I picked him up and walked away.
It took him a little while to get happy again. We went to the "first day of school breakfast" at Cracker Barrel with our friends. Then we came home and cleaned and made cookies for the girls. He said to me several times, "Girls? Girls?" He wanted to go pick them up. And before long, it was time to go pick them up. They both got in the car so happy and both said that they had a great first day.
We're looking forward to a great year!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness your girls are growing up so fast! It wasn't that long ago it seems that I remember either reading or hearing you talk about Sarah going into kindergarten! That is just too crazy to think you have a 2nd & 5th Grader!!!
Cute...the first day of school is always so exciting!!
The first day of school is always so bitter sweet! My kiddos start on Tuesday. And, I can't believe that Katie is a 5th grader! Holy cow! She should still be 18-months-old. :(
oh U love reading about everyone's first day of school! Next year we get to do it! YAY!
I love John DAvid's little jammies! Austin has the same pair!!!
Ok, we seriously need to get these boys together!
We really should get our boys together! I'm sure they would have a great time!
Post a Comment